Arfff it’s one of those bad hair days again! Your hair is greasy, even too greasy to make your bun acceptable and you are already late for work. You know that you won’t have time to wash it with your shampoo bar and let your conditioner bar do its magic. For a minute you reconsider buying Batiste spray…
Girl I feel you! How many times was I torn between taking the time to do my shampoo or just deciding to go with my greasy hair anyway. Let me tell you, I went out with my dirty hair more than I had ever hoped and each time I felt a tad ashamed about it. Not feeling like the best version of myself.
What if I tell you that this is over? You don’t have to choose between feeling dirty, being late or using a dry shampoo containing a bunch of toxic, non-vegan chemicals that will end up in the landfill. Sounds cool, right?
After reading this post, you’ll feel super excited to try my dry shampoo for brunettes diy recipe. This natural, vegan, Zero Waste Dry Shampoo will allow you to space out your shampoo while feeling as cute as usual!
Why Should You Use My Dry Shampoo For Brunettes DIY?
It is nice and easy, you can probably prepare it by opening your kitchen cupboard in less than 5 minutes.
It’s natural! No more toxic ingredients that irritate your scalp and weaken your hair. Have you ever smelt that Batiste thingy? Ouch just the memory of it makes my throat itchy.
Read more about toxic ingredients in shampoo here.
It will reduce your waste! I have not used a dry shampoo spray for years but If I remember it properly, the bottle was empty after a few weeks. If you use my dry shampoo for brunettes DIY recipe, you will generate way less waste!
Finally, it’s vegan and cruelty-free so no more animal torture in the making and testing process!
Dry Shampoo For Brunettes DIY Recipe
Now that you are super excited about the benefits of making your own dry shampoo, let’s dive into the recipe. Ready to stop compromising between your self-confidence and tight schedule?
- 4 teaspoons of corn scratch to absorb sebum
- 2 teaspoons of cacao for the colour. If you are not a brunette, do not use cacao.
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. It stimulates hair growth and helps reduce dandruff.
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric for the colour
- 5 drops of rosemary Essential Oil. It is good to reduce dandruff, itchiness and simulates hair growth. Besides, it removes the chocolate flavour a little.
- Add all the ingredients together in bowl
- Stir well with a fork
- Place in a reused jar. For example: marmalade jar that you first washed, let dry and cleaned with alcohol.
- Store it in a dry place.
Scrowl until the end to see the recipe 🙂
How To Use The Dry Shampoo For Brunettes DIY?
Ready to transform your bad hair day into a fab one in a few minutes?
I recommend that you use it with a makeup brush. If you have an old one that you do not use anymore, it would be perfect. Just wash it properly before use.
- Take some powder with brush
- Brush the root of your hair everywhere it’s oily.
- Let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes (optional)
- Massage the roots using your fingertips.
- Flip your head upside down while massaging the product into your hair.
- Brush your hair
So, super easy isn’t it? I shared with you all you need to prepare your dry shampoo for brunettes DIY! I am so excited for you to try it so you can space out your shampoos without feeling ashamed of your hair!
If you enjoyed that zero waste DIY, I am gonna prepare many more on that blog! If you wanna keep learning more about how you can reduce your waste easily and effortlessly, I invite you to subscribe to my mailing list. Do not miss out on any of my tips!
The way to lower your waste may seem long babe but one step at the time you’ll get there. I am so proud of you for challenging yourself and trying out that zero waste beauty recipe, you got this, you don’t have to do it alone, I got your back!