6 months ago, I tried this recipe but to be honest it was not a big success. The texture was too soft so I struggled to cook the patties and it made the Vegan Lentil Burgers hard to eat.
That said, I am persistant and I did try again 2 weeks ago. I perfected the recipe and my technique and this time the burgers were delicious. Unfortunately, I did not take time to photograp them because I was too greedy. You can’t really blame me for it, can you?
Thus, be aware that this picture is here for illustartive purposes only. At least, until I cook those again! They are so good that it should not take so long. Read this recipe and make your own yummy Vegan Lentil Burgers.
Vegan Lentil Burgers Ingredients
For 10 burgers
- 1/4 cup of chive
- 3 teaspoons of mint
- 1/3 cup of red lentils
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 700g of sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of water
Directions For The Patties
I suggest you prepare the patties overnight so they are easier to cook
- In a sauce pan, boil lentils and quinoa with salt and water. Once it boils, reduce the heat and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until quinoa is soft. Finally, drain it if there is some water left and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cook sweet potatoes, peel and mash them. Then, add spinach, the quinoa preparation, mint, chive, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine all the igredients.
- Make a ball with the preparation and keep it covered in the fridge for a night.
- Make 10 balls out of the mixture, make sure you use chickpea flour on your hands so it does not stick. Roll the balls in the flour and form the patties.
- Place a bit of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the patties around 4 minutes on each side, until they look Brown.
Vegan Burger Preparation
Once the patties are ready, feel free to personalise your Vegan Lentils Burgers! Choose the sauce and the raw veggies that you prefer and tadaaa! You could even add some vegan cheese if it is something you like. Enjoy XX
This recipe has been tested and approved by Marine Leclerc.